Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bath Time

I just completed another layout for a challenge at Let's Scrap. Here are the rules for this challenge
1. Use a Let's Scrap sketch
2. NO PATTERNED PAPER may be used
3. Use at least one quote with author's name
4. Use a die cut of some kind
5. You must include at least one homemade embellishment

At first I was stumped because I always use patterned paper and the thought of just using card stock had me rather worried but I finally got an idea. I decided to use pictures taken a few months ago of my Grandson Jacob having his bath . Here is the layout.



Here is a close up of the left side


and the right side



I was going to leave the white background alone but just had to put something on it so I used a round sponge and using blue ink sponged circles allover it. I also had a couple of packages of cute blue and green see through blubbles so added them everywhere. The swirl at the bottom was cut with my cricut using SCAL but I'm not sure where I got the file so that I can thank the person who designed it. I really liked the premade title because it has terry cloth on it.

I was to put a quote with the author on it but had a really hard time finding a quote that suited a baby having a bath. If I was normally going to write something it would have been Rub-a-dub-dub cute little guy in the tub or Rubber Ducky but didn't think that they would work for a quote. So I ask the great people in my yahoo groups to see if anyone had any idea's and of course they did. Several people sent me really cute quotes and poems and I finally decided to go with a poem and hope that it would be ok for the challenge. Thanks Mandi for the poem it suits the layout perfectly and thank you everyone else for your help also.

I have some new cards I made and another layout but I think that I will save them for another day. Take care all.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At April 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM , Blogger D said...

What a hard challenge!! I bet you win it! Next time they have a DT opening you should totally go for it.

 
At April 29, 2010 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Those photos...ahhh...so precious. I can tell Jacob really enjoys his bath. Beautiful pages, and great challenges. ~Chelsea

 
At April 29, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

Too darn cute Betty Anne!!!! For not knowing where to start you certainly pulled everything together! Terrific layout! Jacob looks like he is so relaxed and just enjoying the whole process.
Hugs,
Linda

 
At April 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you Denise maybe in a few months when it is time to do it again I might feel confident enought to give it a try.

 
At April 30, 2010 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you Chelsea he sure does love his bath. The page was fun to make.

 
At April 30, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thanks Linda, it turned out cute after all my worrying. Remember to give me a call when you are ready for me to help you get your blog going. I think you will love blogging and I know all the people will love your cards.

 
At May 4, 2010 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Mandi said...

What a difficult challenge but wow you definitely pulled it off! Great job on this layout! So cute and to think no patterned paper was used either! :) Nicely done! And glad the "quote" i sent in came in handy for you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home