Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update on my Grandson and Ride'em Cowboy Layout

First I wanted to let my Family, friends and followers know that my grandson Jacob finally had his surgery on Wednesday. He came through it with flying colors. That night and on Thursday he was in quite a bit of pain and very upset while they tried to find the right medication to give him. This was really hard for his parent and us to watch. When they are so young they don't understand what is going on and the fact that we couldn't pick him up made it even more difficult. Thankfully things were better in the evening. Although the next few days will continue to be hard for him the outcome will be will worth it. I want to thank everyone for their continued prayers.

Now on to my layout. This was another one done for a challenge at Let's Scrap. You had to use up some of your stash like brads, stickers, buttons etc. They had a list of what you needed to use and how many and you had to pick at least two different kinds. You were also to use your oldest paper, preferably 5 years old or more. Because I have only been scrapbooking for about a year and a half I couldn't go back that far but used some I bought when I took the pictures. I used up several brads and chipboard stickers and made the pockets and kerchief from fabric.

So here is the layout.





The pictures were taken last year when we went out to British Columbia to meet my Grandson Jacob who was born the week before. I have always wanted to go to the Calgary Stampede but we went in the wrong month for that. But not far from where Andrew, Katie and Jacob were living they were having a Rodeo. My husband Tom and I really enjoyed it. I still have pictures of the bull riding and barrel racing but they will have to wait for another day.

I hope you are all having a great day and thank you again for your prayers for Jacob.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

Hi Betty Anne~
I'm happy to hear that Jacob's surgery was a success. It must give all of you peace of mind to know that he recovering well. As for the layout...Wow! Another terrific job! For a "newbie" you certainly are far more creative than many of us!
Hugs,
Linda

 
At April 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

My son just called and Jacob is on his way home. It's been a rough week but thank goodness everything turned out well.
Thank you so much for the compliments about the layout Linda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home