Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Scrapbooking Weekend




I had a great time this weekend at my local scrapbook store. I just love to go there to scrap, chat or shop. On Friday night Verna the owner of Memory Lane in Smiths Falls, Ontario had a free crop and several ladies took advantage of it. Kate (my sons girlfriend) and I headed over there around 4 o'clock and didn't leave until 10. We worked on layouts and cards and really enjoyed chatting with the ladies.

On Saturday we arrived at 10am for a full day of scrapping. Wendy Visser came to give us a class on making a grunge paper album. She taught us to make a Tim Holtz grunge paper rose which we decorated the cover of the album with. We learned a lot of great techniques filling the rest of the album and had tons of fun. Wendy also had a class to teach us about copic markers and we made a valentines easel card so we could get a chance to color with the copics. If anyone is interested in having Wendy teach a class or wants to see the other wonderful cards she makes you can find her blog here The pictures show a sneek peek at Wendy's album, my album and card and Myself, Wendy and Kate during the class.

Today I kept my wonderful grandson while his Mom, Dad, Uncle and Aunt went out for a Valentines dinner. It was so nice to get to spend some time with him. He is 9 months old and is trying very hard to crawl. He can move pretty fast crawling backwards but hasn't got the hang of going forward yet. LOL

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At February 14, 2010 at 8:53 PM , Blogger luverlie said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Welcome to blogging!
Elaine

 
At February 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Elin K. said...

Love the grunge board album! And I'm glad you joined us blogging fiends. :) I started a blog last December and with a daily post all I can say is it is voracious yet addicting. So glad blogger is easy to use! :)

Elin K.
http://elinselegantdesigns.blogspot.com

 
At February 15, 2010 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Dani said...

What a great scrapping day! Love the Tim Holtz flower I've been dying to learn how to make those!!

 
At February 15, 2010 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Karen Moore said...

Hi Betty, love your blog! It was great to see posts and pictures from all your creative endevors this weekend. I signed up to be a follower and am looking forward to being on this blog journey with you!

XOXO, Karen in TX

 
At February 15, 2010 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Wendance Designs said...

Glad you enjoyed the day, Betty!!! Thanks for coming to the class

 
At February 17, 2010 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you for all the nice comments. I'm so glad that everyone is liking my blog.

 
At February 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Louella said...

Hi Betty Anne, its wonderful to see you started a blog, and yippee, I get to see what you look like too! Its always a surprise to see someone you talk to and not know what they look like then get to see! I'm going to love getting to see your art! I'm so glad we have met! Louella

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home