Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Little Monkey



I really enjoyed making this layout. I am going to submit it for two challenges. The first one is to Lets Scrap for their sketch of the week. The other one is to Practical Scrappers.

A while back I met a lady in one of my yahoo groups. Denise and I became fast friends and have been following each others blogs. I love the layouts that Denise makes. If you would like to check them out the you can find her blog here

Denise just became a Design Team member for Practical Scrappers so I thought I would check it out. What a great site and they have amazing layouts and cards that their team members submits. They also have fun challenges that you can submit layouts or cards for. I noticed that this weeks challenge is using stickers. Will it just so happens that the layout I just finished has lots of stickers so thought I might as well submit it.

Here is a close up of the 1st page



and the 2nd page


The colors in the 3rd picture are much closer to the real colors in the layout. Not sure whats going on with my camera lately but the colors have been off.

The layout is of my little Grandson Jacob and the monkey is the first gift I gave him when he was born. The shirt he is wearing has the See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil monkeys so his little monkey was nice enough to pose in those positions for me, LOL. I took pictures of the monkey, cut them out and then pop dotted them. The stickers and the striped paper are the Monkey Business line from Reminisce. The bananas paper came from some I had from sock monkey paper but I'm not sure who makes it. I don't usually use stickers but I really liked these ones. The vines let me shape them a bit so I could get them to go where I wanted them to go. The leaves were separate so I could add them where ever I wanted. The title, goin' Bananas, monkey crazy and separate bananas are from the Monkey Business set also.

I hope you all liked the layout.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At May 4, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger gram cheryl said...

Great layout. Love that you had so much banana stuff to accent the monkeys...and I agree, Denise is very talented and I look forward to her submissions.

 
At May 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Sasya said...

oh, how fun is your LO!! :) nice~!!
Sasya

 
At May 4, 2010 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Mandi said...

What a great double layout Betty! I like the color scheme you went with as well. :)

 
At May 5, 2010 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Pam said...

What a great double layout! I really love what you did. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrapper this week!

Pam, Practical Scrappers DT

 
At May 5, 2010 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I am really looking forward to submitting more layouts to Practical Scrappers

 
At May 5, 2010 at 1:23 PM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

Hi Betty Anne,
This layout is adorable! Jacob is a little ham.
You can tell he certainly likes having his photo taken.
Hugs,
Linda

 
At May 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thanks so much Linda, its a good thing he doesn't mind the camera because he's my favorite subject.

 
At May 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Carolina said...

Love the little monkeys, Betty Ann! I love the picture where he's asleep with the monkey, so cute!

Thanks for playing along with Let's Scrap and Practical Scrappers! Great to have you playing with us!!!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 2:49 PM , Blogger savvy teaching tips said...

This page is too cute. Great work with the stickers. Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.

 
At May 6, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Jean said...

Such a cute page! The hopping will begin soon! Can't wait.

 
At May 6, 2010 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

I'm so excited for the hopping to begin Jean. Its late now but as soon as I get a chance I will post a link to the Blog hop on my blog.

 
At May 8, 2010 at 4:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a fabuously fun layout! I love the green and the monkeys are such a cute embellie! The photos are precious! Thanks for using up some sticker stash with us this week at Practical Scrappers.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

 
At May 8, 2010 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you so much Kim, I hope to visit Practical Scrappers often.

 
At May 28, 2010 at 4:43 AM , Blogger Penny said...

this layout is just adorable! Which is why it's being featured on the paper craftorium on June 3! http://papercraftorium.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home