Sunday, May 2, 2010

Three New Layouts To Share

I took part in my first National Scrapbook Day and had a fantastic time. Most of this weekend I was busy working on challenges for my favorite group at Lets Scrap. For the first challenge we were given two sketches to do layout with. Here is the first sketch and here is the layout I did for it The picture is an engagement picture of my youngest son Jason and his fiance Amy. I used the SEI paper Juliette for this challenge. Don't you just love that line.

The other sketch was this one and for this sketch I did this layout This is my son Andrew who is almost 25 but was only 3 at the time. Wasn't he a cutie.

The last layout I did is actually for two challenges over at Lets Scrap. One of the challenges was called "Its all in the numbers" and we were given a sketch to follow and the number of buttons, patterned paper etc that we were to use. I figured I might as will kill two birds with one stone (so to speak) so I also was did the layout for a challenge to do a monochromatic layout. For anyone who has never heard of this it is using all the same color to complete the layout. So here is the sketch and here is my layout

The pictures are of my Son Andrew and his beautiful girlfriend Katie. They were taking a gondola ride up Whistler Mountain in British Columbia. The reason the pictures were so close was because Andrew was actually taking the pictures by holding the camera away from him. I picked to use blue to make the layout to bring out their beautiful blue eyes and the blue shirt Andrew is wearing. Although it is a little hard to see in the picture the title and some of the border were done with blue and white sky paper.

I really had a hard time doing this layout. I found it to hard to try and find several different blues that went together. Although I'm glad to have learned a new technique I don't think I will be making to many monochromatic layouts.

For any of you who have been following my blog you will notice that I always do two page layouts. I can't just do one side because to me it wouldn't look right when I put it in my album. So expect to see some layouts to go with these ones in the near future.

I hope all of you had a great National Scrapbook Day, I know I did.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At May 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

I love your layouts, the pics he took himself are awesome! Thanks for sharing. (Laurie from Sbc group)

 
At May 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thanks so much for you wonderful comments Laurie

 
At May 4, 2010 at 5:30 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

You have been busy with these beautiful layouts. Wow, great take on all the sketches, looks like lots of fun. Can't wait to see more.

 
At May 4, 2010 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Mandi said...

Fabulous job on all three layouts! And the blue paper definitely brings out their blue eyes too. Great job!

 
At May 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

Hi Betty Anne,
Wow...you were busy! Great layouts! Unfortunately I was unable to participate on National Scrapbook Day. Too many family commitments. Looking forward to your matching pages to these layouts.
Hugs,
Linda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home