Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jacob's Birthday Party

I just realized I never got around to posting my Grandson, Jacob's 1st birthday layouts. I used one of Cheri's sketches over at Let's Scrap to do both of the layouts although I did change things up some.
Here is the sketch



Jacob and his parents live in an apartment so they came over here to have his party because there was more room. His Great Grandparents, Aunts, Uncle, his best friend and her Dad all made it to the party as will has his Grandpa and I.
Kate, his Mom, and I had both bought the same scrapbook paper for his party pictures. Kate decided to use the ones she got to make his decorations which worked out nice as they matched the paper in the layout. She had made him a banner so instead of making a new one, as the sketch called for, I just blew up the picture of the one she made and cut it out for the banner.
Here is the layout


This next layout was done from pictures taken the same day. My hubby, Jacob's Grandfather, happened to be at a garage sale the morning of the party and found this motorized jeep. Although Jacob isn't near old enough to drive it yet Grandpa just couldn't resist picking it up for him. Jacob and his little friend Katie had a great time playing around in it.
I used the same sketch as above but I also used it for the Blog Hop over at Carolina's blog in which we were to use one of here traveling quotes on a layout.


That's all for today, Happy Scrapping.

6 Comments:

At June 1, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Oh this is another beautiful layout. Awesome take on the sketch, Jacob and Katie looks like they had a blast!

 
At June 2, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you so much Celsea.

 
At June 2, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger D said...

Gorgeous layouts Betty. Love the colors on Happy Birthday and your title on Let's Ride.

 
At June 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM , Blogger ana said...

thank you for the comment on my blog great take on the sketch hope to see more of your work too I've also become a follower to your blog rubber hugs ana

 
At June 3, 2010 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Dawnll said...

Wonderful sketches you used to make some fabulous layouts. I am just visiting from paper craftorium, where you were featured today.

 
At May 24, 2018 at 4:40 AM , Blogger Drew Watts said...

Very sweet gesture for your grandson. My son will be celebrating his 1st birthday this week. We have planned a great party for him at one of the New York venues. All our family will also be getting together after a long time on this occasion. I want the day to be memorable for everyone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home