Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mom's 75th Birthday Layout

Recently they had a challenge on Let's Scrap to do a layout in honor of Mothers Day, this challenge was to make a LO having to do with mothers. Either yourself as a mother, your mother or mother in law, could be a Mother to a litter of puppies or even Mother nature! I've had pictures of my Mom's 75th birthday from the year 2000 that I had really been wanting to scrap. The pictures mean a lot to me because Mom had been very ill prior to her party and we didn't expect her to be well enough to be discharged from hospital. Fortunately a couple of weeks before her birthday things turned around and she not only was able to attend the party but would have 3 more wonderful years with us.

I used this sketch from Let's Scrap as my inspiration.

Here is the layout






I used SEI's Juliette paper line to do the layout. I just love their paper especially this line. I also added some pearl bling and little fabric flowers that I had picked up quite some time ago. I was really please with the way the layout turned out.
The other part to the challenge was to make a card from the scraps left over from making the layout and this is the card I made.
It always feels good when you can make something from your scraps.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my layout and Happy Scrapping.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 3, 2010 at 10:21 AM , Blogger D said...

Love love love the bling on your page. Lara looked at it and said "my family". Hmmm, apparently every scrapbook page included her family. LOL!

 
At June 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thanks so much Denise. You can tell Lara she can be part of my family anytime.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

Hi Betty Anne,
What a lovely layout! The Juliette papers work really well with the photo colours. Your Mother's outfit in particular.
Hugs,
Linda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home