Monday, January 2, 2012

January LOAD Challenge

As I mentioned in my previous post I am taking part in a LOAD challenge this month that one of our Design Team members, Cathy van de Bruinhorst, posted for the Let's Scrap members..  I started the month off well by finishing a two page layout last night.  The layout has photo's that I took of my son Jason, daughter-in-law Amy and my then 3 week old grandson Colton.  The house across the street has several maple trees in the yard as well as a rail fence and archway so I thought it was the perfect place to take some fall photos.

Here is the Let's Scrap sketch I used to make my layout


and here is my layout


To make it more interesting and give it some depth I popped up some of the leaves and photos.  I also distressed the edge of the photo mats and little circles.


 
I just purchased an ATG gun and used it to stick down the title but then decided I really didn't like the look of the title so wanted to remove it.  Unfortunately the adhesive used in the gun really adheres quickly so I wasn't able to take it off without ripping the paper so ended up having to leave it the way it was.   


The papers I used are all Close To My Heart products.  I borrowed one of the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridges to cut out the tree branches, leaves and journaling frame. I have been thinking of buying the cartridge and my sales rep and friend was kind enough to let me borrow her's to see what I thought of it.   I was amazed at all the things you could cut out with it, many more then from a normal Cricut cartridge. So I can see myself buying one the next time her order goes in.

Well I guess I better get back to scrapping, I have lots more layout to do for the LOAD challenge.  I wish all of you a wealth of peace, love and goodness in the New Year.   Happy Scrapping.

6 Comments:

At January 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

that's very nice. I like the touch of blue to go with all the fall colors

 
At January 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Jessica Navarro said...

I wrote you a long comment and it won't let me post. :(

 
At January 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Jessica Navarro said...

Ok, one more try. I'm so glad that I visited your blog! I was going to ask you how you did the tree and the leaves....I HAVE that cartridge! Yeah! I used it for the first time on one of my recent layouts, can't remember which one. I love that it cuts out shapes and then the stamp sets match the shape exactly. That is why I originally bought it, but haven't used it for that! I love your distressing, I didn't notice that in the gallery. So glad you are back in blog world. Fabulous page!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Kay Wallace said...

Happy you are back and blogging, Betty Anne! It is hard to be in several places at once, I know. I just posted on my blog yesterday, first time in almost a month. But, you have beautifully shared the details of this great layout of your son and his family. Love coming here and seeing the detail! Thanks for sharing your family photo shoot!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Mindi Brown ~}:{~ said...

Glad you are back in blog land! I left you some loves in the gallery!

 
At January 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Love your layout Betty Anne.... and glad you are back blogging too!! Leaving you some love in the gallery too.. !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home