Friday, August 12, 2011

My Little Love Bugs

     Things continue to be busy here at home and also with helping run Let's Scrap.  I always plan on doing lots of scrapping but then life takes over and I don't get anything done. Last month my oldest Son Andrew and his family, including my grandchildren Jacob and Ava moved down to Nova Scotia. I am really missing all of them especially  little Jacob. I was used to seeing him a couple of times a week so am going through Grandchildren withdrawal.  Ava turned 1 month old a couple of days before they left and Katie brought the two of them over to spend some time with me. I was thrilled to see that Ava was wearing the little outfit I had given her as a gift.  So of course I had to take some photo's.
     I finally finished a layout last night for a hidden journaling Design Team challenge that Lynn posted for us on Let's Scrap. The photo's I used were the ones I took the day they visited.  Jacob looks like he was giving his sister a loving touch but he was actually trying to get a ladybug button off little Ava's headband.  He had seen me attach it and decided he should have it instead.  I laugh when ever I see the photo of the two of them because he is acting so sweet and innocent while trying to sneak that button for himself.


     I used a Let's Scrap sketch for the layout.  I found a free file on the internet with the cute letters with the ladybugs on them I used in my title and I bought a couple of ladybug files from Country Clip Art for the little bug embellishments.  When I printed the ladybugs off the colors were very faded, probably because my ink is getting low, so I used my markers to color them again.  I pop dotted them in a couple of spots to make some of them show up more.
     Hopefully I will get a chance to do some more scrapping soon and I won't be away for so long.  I hope all of you have a Happy Scrappy weekend.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger D said...

What a darling layout! The butterflies are soo cute!!! I'm with you. Since Summer started I've had little time to scrap, let alone blog or blog surf.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah such cute pictures and wonderful work Betty! Sorry you are missing your family, they are adorable so I can see why they pull at the heart strings!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:13 PM , Blogger life documented said...

Super cute LO Betty Anne! no worries, once fall starts life always seems to get calmer :)

 
At August 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Carolina said...

Cute LO, love your bugs! You were so lucky Jacob had his red t-shirt on... Or did you put that on him to match Ava's clothes?

 
At August 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Jessica Navarro said...

So cute! Glad you got to spend some time with them before they left. I'm sure it's hard with them so far away.

 
At August 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Blogger DesignerDiva said...

HI Betty thanks so much for stopping by my blog, its great to meet new crafters!
YOur scrapbook pages are gorgeous and so are your Grandchildren - it's going to take some getting used to them not being so close, you take care

Hugs Laurie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home