Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meeting the Great Grands

I have been working really hard on the LOAD challenge over at Let's Scrap but still seem to be a couple of days behind.  I'm hoping to make up a couple of more cards just so I get caught up.
     Here is the my latest layout

     Every year on the 3rd Sunday in June, my In-laws, Nana and Papa come to our house to join the family for a meal to celebrate Father's Day.  As my oldest son's birthday is on the 22nd and Nana's is on the 28th we always  buy a birthday cake to celebrate their birthdays that day too.  Last year the celebration was even more special because 5 day old Ava got to meet her Great Grandparents for the first time.  Although her brother Jacob is in many of the photos I decided to go a little girly with the page because I plan to put it into Ava's album.
     I decided to make a card with the scraps I had left over.  We're able to count cards in the LOAD challenge so that brings my total up to 14. Here is the card I made.

     I hope everyone had a great weekend and that you were able to get lots of scrapping done.

8 Comments:

At January 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Jessica Navarro said...

Great Layout Betty Anne! I love the blue and purple color combination. I don't think it's girlie at all, but will be great for Ava's album. Do you have separate albums for each grandchild? Are you planning to give the albums to them some day? Love the banners and I love that you added flowers on the banners. Super cute!

 
At January 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh very nice Betty! love the colors!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you ladies. Jessica I already have 3 albums for Jacob which some day I will pass on to him. I thought it was only fair that Ava got to have her own album too. Wouldn't want her to feel left out.

 
At January 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger My Little World said...

What an great blog you have!
I checked the link to my own blog from yours and it brought me to Mindis blog.

 
At January 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Sherri said...

wow, love the colors on that layout!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Suscu I fixed the link to your site. Not sure how I had it going to Mindi's.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Love these colors Betty Anne!! Are you getting excited for the blog hop because I know I sure am!!

Jen
http://scrapinexpecttheunexpected.blogspot.com/

 
At January 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM , Blogger D said...

Wow, you have been getting a ton scrapped. Good for you!!! I LOVE the colors and embellishments on your layout. The pleated ribbon looks awesome. You bday card looks gorgeous too. Fabulous butterfly :)))) I hope I remember about the blog hop in February. (We've got so much stuff going on these days!) Sounds wicked cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home