Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A New Layout and Tag

I have a couple of things to share with you today.  The first is a layout I made using a sketch Fia shared with us over at Sketch4you .  Here is the sketch



and here is my layout.


If you have been a follower for very long you might remember that I did a layout using this picture before.  That one went into an album I gave to my daughter-in-law to be.  So I have been wanting to make one for me.  My son Jason really doesn't like to have his picture taken and will normally make all sorts of faces, anything but smile.  I love his smile in this photo taken at the Prom in 2007 as he gets a kiss from his now fiance.  He was expecting the person to take picture so didn't have time to make any faces LOLHe better get some smiling classes going soon as he will have lots of smiling to do come October when he and Amy get married.
I did the layout for 4 challenges all of which were at Sketches4you.  First was for Fia's sketch challenge, 2nd was for Denise's Ink challenge, 3rd was for Staceys stash challenge and lastly because I used 3 different challenges on one layout I was able to enter it into a 4th challenge that Stacy has.  This one is called "You aint't getting off so Easy challenge"
I also made a tag for Denise's Ink challenge.  You had to use ink in a couple of different ways on a project.
I inked the tag with worn lipstick and broken china distress inks. Then stamped the sentiment and butterflies with archival ink. I then sprayed the whole tag with irridesent gold glimmer mist. I stamped the butterflies again on a plain tag, put a CTMH window charm on part of them then cut it around the circle and then glued it down on the image. So part of it is plain colored and kind of looks magnified. I then used Tim Holtz hardware to attach a cherish charm.
Here's what it looks like.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 4, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

You are one of the most talented artists I know!! Your layout if beautiful and heartfelt and that tag...oh my gosh...gorgeous. Love them both. xo stacy h-w

 
At August 4, 2010 at 6:20 PM , Blogger 2amscrapper said...

Love the lo and the tag!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you both so much.

 
At August 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Scarlett said...

Lovely LO!! All the bling is gorgeous! ndthe tag is gorgeous as well.... really like the way you magnified the stamp, brilliant idea!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

Such a lovely layout Betty Anne...I bet your happy to finally have one for your own album!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home