Thursday, July 29, 2010

Prize Winning Garden Layout

I think I'm starting to get the hang of combining challenges from the different groups I belong to.  This weeks Design Team challenge over at Let's Scrap was to do a layout about gardening and we were to use at least one of these colors green, yellow or red.  Also this week on Let's Scrap Cheri gave us another fantastic sketch to work with.  So I decided to combine the sketch and the DT challenge together.  
I was also able to enter the layout in the group Sketchesforyou. Stacy has a stash challenge going on that you are to use brads. Last but not least I was able to enter it in the group Pages In Time where my good friend Denise has a distressing challenge going on and Barbara has a pretty punch challenge.  So I think I did pretty good for combining 5 challenges onto one layout. 
Here is the great sketch that Cheri gave us this week.




and here is my layout.




I couldn't find any pictures of my own garden for Tammy's Garden themed layout but have been wanting to scrap these wonderful vintage photo's of my Aunt Phyllis at age 14.  She had planted the garden for a contest being held by the Horticultural Socity's annual junior Garden Plot Competition.  There were 68 entries and she ended up winning first place. 
My Aunt Phyllis is the only one left from my Mom's family.  I just love going over to visit with her and hear her stories of Mom and her siblings growing up.  She is the one who has given me so many of the old pictures and stories I use in my heritage layouts.  She is a wonderful lady and holds a very special place in my heart.
I hope everyone is having a great week and Happy Scrapping.

9 Comments:

At July 29, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger digideb said...

Betty, I just love this LO - the combination of the scrap challenges is great for your "Prize Garden". The "vintage" look is awesome. Also, love your site -

 
At July 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you so much.

 
At July 29, 2010 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

Betty Anne,

You know I love this layout and am amazed that you were able to combine so many challenges!! How cool is that??

It is such a blessing that you still have your aunt and can hear all the wonderful stories. And scrap your history. xo Stacy H-W

 
At July 29, 2010 at 11:40 PM , Blogger ana said...

Betty this layout is so fabulous i love the vintage look of it great job on combining the challenges this is totally a winner in my book rubber hugs Ana

 
At July 30, 2010 at 6:42 AM , Blogger sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

Wow, this is one of my favorite of your layouts... it is just beautiful ! Love it.. well done..

 
At July 31, 2010 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you all for you sweet comments.

 
At August 1, 2010 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Stunning layout Betty Anne! Omg those are precious photos. She looks so beautiful! Wow! Wonderful take on the sketch! Love this!
Luv,
Chelsea

 
At August 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Aww you're a sweety Chelsea, thank you so much.

 
At August 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Create With Joy said...

You did a beautiful job on your challenge Betty Anne - and congrats on your latest blog award!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home