Friday, December 31, 2010

Project 2011Scrap Our Stash and My 2011 Scrapping Goal

     I hope all of you had a fantastic New Years Eve.   Things have been quiet here.  I did a bit of scrapping and watched re-runs on TV. Wow pretty exciting wasn't it.
     My good friend Denise from Lala's World has started Project 2011 Scrap Our Stash.  One of her New Years resolutions is to only scrap her stash for the next 6 months.  Wow not sure that I could handle that without going into major withdrawals.  But to make it a bit easier she is going to let people sign up for it at the first of each month so if you feel you can't do it certain months or just can't handle it (lol) then you don't have to sign up for the next month. Now that I think I can handle. Once a month we well visit each of the scrappers blogs that are participating to see how things are going and to give each other encouragement.  So I decided to give it a try and have signed up for January.  She even has this cool button for us to put on our blogs.


     I remember last New Years seeing several ladies putting their scrapping goals in their sidebars.  When I started my blog in February I thought about doing the same but at that time I was only scrapping a couple of times a month at my local scrapbook store so figured I wouldn't have much of a goal to put down.  But them in April I joined the group Let's Scrap and with the help of their wonderful layout and card sketches I started scrapping a lot.  I was looking through the layouts I put into their gallery and  realized that I did 113 pages last year.  I mainly do 2 page layouts but I counted each side as one. I don't make a lot of cards so I figured out I probably only did about 15 of them. I also belong to a couple of other groups and have done a few layouts and cards in them.  I can't believe I did that many this past year. 
     So this year I decided that I am going to make myself a goal.  I am going to try for 150 layouts (each page counting as 1) and 25 cards.  I think that's possible especially when I still have lots of pages to finish for Jason and Amy's wedding and my Grandson Jacob's album is far from done.  With a new Grand-baby due in June I am sure I will have lots more pictures to scrap too. 
    So its 12:15 am, hubby has been long asleep as have my two sweet doggies.  So I guess it is officially 2011 and I brought in the New Year doing what I love to do, talking about scrapbooking.   I wish you all the very best in 2011.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At December 31, 2010 at 9:32 PM , Blogger D said...

Look at you raising the bar! Congratulation on getting sooo many pages done this year. I'm impressed girlfriend. Glad you are hanging with me for a little while w/ Scrapping your Stash :) Looking forward to seeing 150 pages next year ;)

 
At January 1, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Kathy said...

Happy New Year, dear friend, and happy scrapping in 2011....sounds like you are definitely going to be busy!

 
At January 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Cori Kozak said...

Wow! I can't believe how many layouts you did last year! Thats awesome! My goal was 52 and that's exactly what I did. One per week... I guess I need to raise the bar as wel for 2011l!! Happy scrapping and I look forward to seeing your work!

 
At January 2, 2011 at 4:30 AM , Blogger Create With Joy said...

Happpy New Years Betty Anne! Thanks for sharing this - I think I 'll be joining in as well!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home