Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You Can Run But You Can't Hide

     It's Wednesday and that means there is a new sketch up at Let's Scrap.  Cheri never ceases to amaze me with all the great sketches she gives us. Here's what this weeks looks like.


     Isn't it great.  I decided to do another layout from my Son's wedding but this time I used some of the fun pictures that were taken throughout the day.  They just seemed to work well together and gave me a bit of a laugh. 

And here is a closeup of each of the pages



      I've noticed lots of you are using your sewing machine to sew on your layouts so I decided to dust off my Mom's old machine and give it a try.  I love how it looks even though I did hid a lot of it with the pictures. I will definitely will be using it again.  The punch I used is one of the Martha Stewart ones that I punched in the two different colors.  I really love her punches.

     I have been having a bit of trouble finding paper that goes well with the bridesmaid dresses.  I bought several packages of the paper I used in the layout from CTMH quit a while back because I thought it would match well. But I was wrong, the girls dresses are more bronze then I realized and although there is a cream sash it doesn't tend to show up in a lot of the pictures.  I'm hoping to come across a line of paper that will compliment the pictures better.

     After having such a problem with the paper I contacted my oldest son's girlfriend and told her that when they get married that she has to pick out the perfect scrapbooking paper for her album and then she can find bridesmaid dresses to match.  Can't you just see the lady in the bridelshop when a bride to be walks in with scrapbooking paper and says ok I want dresses to match this LOL. 

    I have been having so much fun scrapping this week but have made a real mess of my scrapbooking room. So I think I better get back to cleaning it up.  I hope you are all having a great week and Happy Scrapping.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At November 10, 2010 at 12:19 PM , Blogger D said...

Betty these pictures are awesome! I love the one where the bridesmaids are looking from behind the trees. Your layout is gorgeous girl! From here the colors look great. I love your banner and the border punch you used.

 
At November 10, 2010 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Hi Betty! It's been awhile! :) Don't you just love the look of sewing on your work? I love it! Your border punches are so pretty! Once again, the photos are priceless!
Love,
Chelsea

 
At November 10, 2010 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I already mentioned it in the gallery: This is by far the best wedding LO I have seen in a long time. Those pics are really amamzing. Was there a professional photographer taking those? What a creative person that must have been!
Take care~

 
At November 10, 2010 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

Betty,

I love these pages! You are such an artist!! The pictures are so fun and beautiful...how could you not make great pages??!!

I think it would be hilarious if she walked into the bridal store with scrapbook paper and told them to make the bridemaids dresses match! How brilliant of you to think of it!! LOL

Also, I want to say thank you for all the kind words you wrote on my blog while I was out recovering from my surgery. It is really amazing how a few words can make such a big impact. You are the best! hugs, Stacy

 
At November 10, 2010 at 8:32 PM , Blogger 2amscrapper said...

That could be a new thing--dresses to match the paper! Great 2 pager! Fun photos!

 
At November 10, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Bev said...

Ha Betty you answered my question from the gallery. I was trying to see whether the paper was punched or if it was lace. It's a beautiful punch! I just LOVE this LO!!!! Looking forward to more wedding pages!!

 
At November 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments they mean so much to me.

 
At November 16, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Wow Betty!! I love this page!! Love the banners, the ribbons, the colors, love them all!! Gorgeous!!! A perfect title for the perfect photos too!! Well done!! :)))

 
At January 4, 2011 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

OMG just love this one how great is that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home