Friday, December 10, 2010

Scrapping Up A Storm

I know I haven't posted many of my projects lately but I have been so busy scrapping and also getting ready for Christmas that I just haven't had time to blog. I've been scrapping up a storm for several different challenges and blog hops. So I thought I would share a couple of layouts today.  Here are a couple I did for Let's Scrap challenges.
This first one was done using one of Cheri's fantastic sketches. Alhough these aren't traditional wedding colors I wanted to use fall colors to go along with the mum's, hay bales and pumpkins in the picture. Bev a Dt and friend from Let's Scrap also had a challenge going on to do a layout with flowers you make.  I remembered that I had a quilling kit for a chrysanthemum that you use your cuttlebug to make.  It made the perfect flowers to go with the pictures. If you want to have a closer look just click on the picture.


The picture on the left was one of my favorite pictures taken of Amy taken on the day of her and Jason's wedding.  Amy's, Aunt Debbie, was the wedding photographer and as their wedding gift did all the pictures for them and even let me have them to.  That was a scrappers dream.  Debbie is a fantastic photographer and we have several nature pictures hanging on our livingroom walls that she did a couple of years ago.


This next one I did for another challenge on Let's Scrap.  We were to do a layout with the theme being Something old, Something new, Something borrowed and Something blue.  Of course the first thought is a wedding layout.  So I did a layout of Amy getting ready for the wedding and in the bottom right corner are her items for the old, new, borrowed and blue.  But I also took it a bit further.  I used paper I bought last spring, a new Martha Stewart punch and a borrowed corner punch on the mats behind the pictures.  I stuck with the blue in the pictures for the something blue.  I can't say I am totally thrilled with the way this one turned out and may end up doing another one using the same pictures, but for now it will do. 


I'm going away for a couple of days to Quebec to accompany my son Jason to a Wheelchair rugby tournament.  They are calling for snow so hopefully it won't get snowed in there.  Here's a picture of Jason taken at his last tournament in London, Ontario.  It was so cool when they gave him the #7 jersey because that was the number he wore all the years he played hockey.  I think his smile says it all - he is having a blast and it is so great to see him play.


I'm off to pack.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and happy scrapping.

6 Comments:

At December 10, 2010 at 1:14 PM , Blogger D said...

Your layouts are beautiful Betty. Have a wonderful weekend :)

 
At December 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Kristie said...

As you know already, I love those layouts!!! Jason looks so happy in that photo, he and you are such wonderful inspiration for me~

 
At December 10, 2010 at 6:48 PM , Blogger 2amscrapper said...

Thanks for the visit. I love how you really plan your layouts by theme and color. Great photo of Jason!

 
At December 11, 2010 at 5:20 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Two beautiful layouts! Love the quilled flowers!

 
At December 11, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Barb Craft said...

You have been a busy girl!! I love that you used the warm colors on the first wedding LO! They are perfect for the theme and the pictures! Good luck to your son... hope he plays well and the weather cooperates!!
Barb :)

 
At December 14, 2010 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Carolina said...

Love the wedding layouts, don't change anything about the old, new, borrowed, blue one, it's great as it is! Hope you've had a great time in Quebec, it's a place I'd love to visit... no in winter, though...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home