Thursday, September 30, 2010

Autumn Memories

Here is this weeks sketch over at Let's Scrap.


I thought it was a perfect sketch for the pictures I had of my beautiful neice Beth and her family.  The pictures were taken in the fall of 2009. Here is my layout.

I was having some trouble trying to do this layout because the pictures had so much yellow in them but the only autumn type paper I had didn't. Then Brenda's from Let's Scrap posted a challenge to use glimmer mist on a layout.  It was just what I needed to pull it all together. I used 4 different glimmer mists, including yellow, to change the color of my cardstock and I also glimmer misted the flowers and leaves.  I love how it turned out.
Thank you for sharing your pictures with me Beth and I can't wait to see you and your beautiful family at the wedding in a couple of week's.
Happy Scrapping!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At September 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger 2amscrapper said...

What a great sketch to work with and you found a perfect solution for your color problem--great 2 pager! Thanks for the comment on my blog!

 
At October 4, 2010 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Carolina said...

Great layout! Love those pics. I have never tried glimmer mists, as it was not easy to get them through customs in Tripoli, but I have included some in my latest order, and I can't wait to use them! (They are still in Chigago, though, according to my latest USPS message!!!)

 
At October 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Beautiful layout Betty! You work so well with these sketches. I'm so motivated to make a layout now. Your work is beautiful.
Love,
Chelsea

 
At October 5, 2010 at 9:45 AM , Blogger D said...

I LOVE what you did with the glimmer mist!!! It looks sooooo good!!! It was the first thing I noticed about your layout. I love the leaves and flowers too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home