Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm Am So Excited To Share This New's With You

  
    If you have been a follower you know that my absolute favorite scrapbook place on the web is Let's Scrap.  Joining this group last April was the best thing I ever could have done.  Cheri's 2 page layout sketches are amazing and I because of using them I feel I have really grown as a scrapper. When I started with the group I had made about 4 layouts in early 2010.  After joining them in April I went on to make 109 more.  Never could have done it without Cheri's sketches. I'm not a big card maker but the fantastic sketches Kim gives us for cards have me even starting to enjoy making them. The other reason I love the group so much is all the great members that are there.  The ladies are all so encouraging and wonderful and I have made some amazing friendships there. 
    In August last year I took on a Design Team postition with the group and really enjoyed being able to provide challenges for the group and thinking up special questions for the question of the week.  When my term was over I decided to continue on as a Contributing Design Team member. 
     Cheri has been running the group for a couple of years and is very busy with her work and family.  It bothered her that she wasn't able to keep up with everything that goes on it the group so she was considering giving the group up.  She asked my good friend Debby and I to take over running the group.  Isn't that totally AMAZING.  But rather then just taking over we have all decided that it would even better if all three of us Cheri, Debby and I worked together to run it.  That way Cheri can still stay involved in this wonderful site she has created, but will have help with it so she won't feel so overwhelmed.  I am so thrilled that I will get a chance to work with these two wonderful ladies.  Also my good friends Bev and Pat are going to be helping us out to.  What a great group. 
     We are excitedly thinking about all the great challenges and fun we can bring to the group and hope it will become an even more exciting and amazing place to visit and create.  So if you don't already belong to the group then why not drop over to visit us.  You won't be sorry you did.  Also don't forget about the Let's Scrap Hoppy New Year Blog Hop that is starting Jan. 14th.
Hope you are having a fantastic week and Happy Scrapping.

6 Comments:

At January 5, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Hi Betty, that is wonderful news! I know you will do an amazing job with running the Challenge. Have lots of fun!
Love,
Chelsea

 
At January 5, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Jessica Navarro said...

Wow, Betty Anne that is just awesome! I'm so glad you guys are going to help Cheri and keep the site up and running. I'm growing very fond of it very quickly! :) Congrats!

 
At January 6, 2011 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Kristie said...

Congrats Betty Anne!!! I know you will do a fantastic job:)

 
At January 6, 2011 at 5:52 PM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

Hi Betty Anne...Congratulations!!!! I know how much you love that site. I just joined this evening. Now, I just need to learn how to set up a blog. You have inspired me with the goals you have set for yourself for 2011. If I can manage (1) two page layout a week I will be more than pleased. Hope all is well at your end. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Hugs,
Linda

 
At January 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger ChelleStamps said...

Hi Betty Anne...just reading your blog for the first time and want to say congratulations on your new activities with Let's Scrap. I've never been on that site, but will check it out. It sounds fabulous.
I want to thank you for the sweet comment on my blog hop post. You said you couldn't find a follow button. It should be up on the top left of my blog in the "blogger bar". I made some changes today, and it is showing up there now for me.
I'm going to follow your blog as well. And, most likely Let's Scrap as well.
Thanks Again!
Shelly

 
At January 10, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

So happy for you Betty Anne!! You will rock it over there!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home