Monday, April 16, 2012

The Fife and Drum Band

Enikö DeLilse one of our new Design Team Members over at Let’s Scrap gave us a layout challenge to do ausing the 5 W’s (who, what, when, where and why) in our journaling. I have been wanting to scrap these photos of my Mom, Grandfather and Aunts and Uncle so thought they would work great for her challenge.  Here is my layout using one of Let’s Scrap sketches. 

 Here is a close up of the first page

On this page I used a music embossing folder in the upper left corner and then sanded it so that the white core would show through.  The little Family Times tag is a Bo Bunny sticker and the circle typewriter letters are from Graphic 45.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch to make the burgundy colored borders. Then using a tutorial that Val Thorpe another one of our Let’s Scrap DT’s showed us the other day I took the same punch and punched on both sides of a thin piece of cream colored cardstock.  I have tried doing this before but with little success but with the help of Val’s tutorial it was easy.  As I had a lot more information about the Fife and Drum Band and no room to share it on the layout I made the large photo so that it could flip up and put the rest of the journaling in there. If you click on the photo of the journaling it will make it larger so that you can read what it says.


Here is a close up of the second page


The two photos on the upper left of the second page may look a little strange because theykind of cut some of the people out.  Several years ago my Aunt Phyllis gave me these two photos.  The group was so large it was hard to see the people very well so she did a close up of the sections that showed my Mom, Grandpa, Uncle Joe and herself in them. 
  
If you haven’t checked out Enikö’s Challenge or Val’s Tutorial you should, they are both fantastic and a lot of fun.  You can find them both in the Let’s Scrap Forum. 

7 Comments:

At April 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Kristie said...

This is magnificent Betty Anne, gotta say my favorite part is the music embossing that you sanded down to the core. LOVE your photos too, what a treasure~

 
At April 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

You did an amazing layout; the photos are just incredible. I really like how well you did with the lacey strip, good! Your story is so lovely to read :)

 
At April 16, 2012 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Eniko said...

One of my all-time favorite layouts! You know how much I love heritage scrapbooking & this is a great example of why we can't just let these great stories die with us. I cracked up when I read that your grandfather had to tape your mom's mouthpiece...can you imagine? You're probably right about the drums...she might have been really good at that...amazing that you know things about your mom that her own parents probably never knew. Wonderful layout!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Blogger D said...

Your page is fabulous Betty! Love how you layered the bordered punches and embossed the music notes in the corner. You are so good about journaling all the time. I've gotten in the (bad) habit of not adding any to my pages.

 
At June 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the band marched behind it many time, my uncle johny duffy (plank) played the fife. the cunninghams still live in the same house in ballybay.

Steel Drum Band

 
At June 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Timemimi 當代迷你倉 said...

收費表荃灣信箱小型筲箕灣倉庫雲主機託管一級服務器托管作業系統文件地區貨倉網頁中國web design

 
At February 26, 2020 at 1:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It is indeed the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh 42 lbs less than us.

(And actually, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING about "HOW" they are eating.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

TAP on this link to reveal if this short test can help you release your true weight loss possibilities

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home