Sunday, February 21, 2010

Climbing My Family Tree

Something interesting happened yesterday. I received an email from a distant relative who had found my Genealogy website that I had made back in 2004. He wanted to share information with me regarding my ancestors. To me it is so exciting to hear from someone who shares my family tree.

My maiden name is Harrison and I have been researching that branch of my family since I was 13 years old. My father died that year and I realized that I knew very little about his family as most of them were in England. So I set out on a 40 year search for information. Over the years I might work on my tree for months at a time but then I would set it aside as work and raising my family made it difficult for me to give much time to it. Then all of a sudden I well receive an old picture, letter or email and it will get me going again. I especially find it interesting when someone contacts me from a branch of the family I know little about.

I have collected many stories, dates and pictures and my dream is to scrapbook it all. Certainly not an easy task. But a girl can dream can't she.

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Karen Moore said...

I bet it made your day to hear from them. How great is it that she found something you did many years ago AND she wants to help! Whoo Hoo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home