Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vancouver Aquarium

I just loved the sketch that Cheri O'Neill did last Wednesday for the Lets Scrap sketch of the week. 

I really liked that it had room for many pictures and I was excited to get to use a film strip in a layout.  Unfortionatly, I had a lot of trouble cutting the film strip with my cricut and ended up wasting a lot of cardstock and still didn't get the film strip to work so had to give up on it. But I did the layout anyway for the sketch challenge.  I also entered it into Andrea's July Color Combo Challenge over at Pages In Time.  One of the color combo's was to use blue, orange and white.


The pictures were taken at the Vancouver Aquarium when we visted my son and his family out in British Columbia last year.  Just after paying for our tickets a guide had us pose for a picure.  Of course having just come in from outside my hubby and my glasses were still tinted so we look like were wearing sunglasses. LOL Also we didn't notice that my little Grandson Jacob, who was just 8 days old, had nodded off while the picture was done so we couldn't see is precious little face.  So the large picture didn't turn out the best but I decided to buy it anyway for the memory of a great day with my family.
The heat and humidity have finally hit here in Ontario and the last couple of days have been unbearble so makes it kind of hard to scrap.  I can't take the heat of my scraproom but if I put the fan on it blow's my paper and embellishments all over the place.  I don't want to complain to much because we had an awful cold and rainy June but I do think it could cool off a little bit.
Hope you are keeping cool where you are and Happy Scrapping.

4 Comments:

At July 8, 2010 at 6:44 AM , Blogger 2amscrapper said...

That is some sketch and you made a wonderful layout with it!

 
At July 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM , Blogger D said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love the paper you used on this sketch!!!! Love it :)

 
At July 11, 2010 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you both so much.

 
At July 11, 2010 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Hi Betty,
I'm loving your scrapbook pages.
You are really good at keeping memories alive with all these wonderful photos.
Beautiful work as always.
Try to stay cool, I can't function with humidity and heat.
Luv,
Chelsea

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home