Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Family Tradition

The sketch that Cheri gave us over at Let's Scrap this week was amazing.  It holds so many pictures and if you still don't have enough room for all of them she even showed us how we could had an extra fold out section.  If you love doing sketches then you will love it over at Let's Scrap. All the ladies are so nice and encouraging  and you can win some great prizes too.  
Here is this weeks sketch

Here is the full layout I did.  If you want to have a closer look at the layouts just click on them.


and here it is with the extra fold out showing

      As soon as I saw the sketch I knew it would be perfect for some special family photo's I have.  Back in 1919 at the age of 3 my Father, Frank Harrison, had his picture take with his sister Lillian who was a year old.  He was wearing a beautiful Scottish outfit made from black velvet and it had square silver button on it.  It consisted of a vest, jacket, hat and real horse hair Sporron.  No one seems to know why the son of  2 immigrants from England would be wearing a Scottish outfit.  I have been researching my family tree for over 40 years and I have not come across any connection with Scotland.
     Over the years almost all of his descendents have had their picture taken in the outfit.  Most of them are 3 when it is done although there have been times that they are older for one reason or another.  Five of his 6 children, all 12 grandchildren and so far 4 of 5 of his great grandchildren over the age of 3 have had their picture taken.   There are also 6 great grandchildren who are not quite old enough to get their picture taken in the outfit, one of which is my Grandson Jacob.
     Cheri's great sketch made it possible for me not ony to get all of the pictures on one layout, it also gave me room to leave spots for the children waiting in the wings.  I decided to also add my Sister Rose and my Great Grandnephew Ben's pictures to the layout even though they missed having their pictures taken in the Scottish outfit.  That way all of my parents descendents are all in one layout.
     I hope you had a great weekend and Happy Scrapping.

6 Comments:

At August 31, 2010 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Hi Betty, not only do I love to look at your layout, I love hearing the stories behind these photos. So much history behind each and every photo. Your layout is always so pretty!
Luv,
Chelsea

 
At August 31, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments Chelsea. They mean so much to me.

 
At August 31, 2010 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

This is so awesome Betty Anne!!! What a great story and how super to be able to have all those descendents on one layout. Cheri is an really great sketch designer and you are a true artist!!

 
At September 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM , Blogger 2amscrapper said...

wow- this is a real keepsake piece!

 
At September 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger D said...

Love this layout Betty. The ribbons you added are so pretty :)

 
At September 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Yeah Betty!! This is just AWESOME!! I love the cute ribbons too!! Well-done!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home