I'm so happy that you have decided to join us for the Let's Scrap Happy New Year Blog Hop
! For those of you who are new to the site, Let's Scrap is a wonderful group of scrapbookers who encourage and motivate each other in our love for scrapping! New sketches are posted every Wednesday, with sample layouts done by the Design Team to provide inspiration. Members have one week to complete and post their interpretation of the sketch, and one random winner is then selected to win that week's prize provided by many different sponsors.
In addition to the weekly sketch, one of the Design Team members posts a challenge every Friday, and there are often special monthly challenges, with chances to win a prize for each challenge entered. Our forum contains tutorials, a place to "toot your horn", hosts a 'Question of the Week' and much, much more. We believe we have one of the friendliest communities of scrappers on the web, and are so glad that you have decided to check us out during our blog hop!And now, a little bit about this blog hop:
The Let’s Scrap Hoppy New Year Blog Hop starts Friday, Jan. 14, 2011 and runs until 11:59 pm central time on Monday, Feb. 14, 2011. That’s right it runs for a whole month. Because it is the New Year we thought it would be fun to name the challenges Resolutions rather then Challenge #1, Challenge #2 etc.
There are 15 Design team, Contributing Design Team members and Administrators from Let’s Scrap hosting the blog hop. They will each have a Resolution (challenge) for you to do and a prize that you can win. Also one of the members of the group who doesn’t have a blog is posting a couple of great challenges in the Let’s Scrap Forum and there will be in depth rules and other important information posted in the forum also so make sure to check it all out.
Not only do you have a chance to win a prize for each challenge you enter but if you complete and post an entry for EVERY challenge along the blog hop, by February 14, 2011 you're name will be entered into a random drawing for a wonderful prize supplied by Cosmo Cricket
On every blog in the hop you must become a follower and leave a little love (a comment) for the host.
Okay, are you ready to start the Let's Scrap ...hop? Here is the first Resolution (challenge.)
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, so my challenge to you is to pick one of your favorite layouts in the Let’s Scrap Photo Gallery and scraplift it. It can be any layout posted in the gallery in 2009 or 2010. When scraplifting someone else's layout, you don’t do your page exactly like theirs. Pick some design elements that you like, and use the Let’s Scrap Sketch they used to make the layout your own!
Many of the layouts in my favorites list are made by Kathy. I really like her style and all the added little touches she does on her layouts. When I saw her Dorney Park Spins & Twirls layout I loved it right away. I loved how her it looked so bright and cheery and fun. It also used papers I had in my stash that I just couldn’t figure out what to do with. So I used the paper the same way she did but then added different little embellishments to make the layout my own.
Here’s the fantastic layout Kathy made with Let’s Scrap sketch 9-1-10
And here is the one I made
Specific Resolution#1 Rules:
1. Be sure that the layout you choose to scraplift is based on a Let's Scrap sketch: the tag line will have either the date of the sketch, like 2-12-10, or a number preceded by LS, like LS120, or a name, like letsscrap#4. If there is nothing in the tag line, it is probably not a Let's Scrap Sketch!
2. When you post your layout in the gallery, describe in the comment section why the layout is your favorite and what you scraplifted from it.
3. Provide a link to the member's original layout in the comment section. To do this go to the layout you scraplifted, highlight the information in the URL bar (or you may call it location bar or address bar) Make sure you highlight all of it. Then right click and hit copy. Go to where you are doing your write up for your photo, click where you want it in the comment section. Right click and hit paste. It should put the link to the other page in your comments. If you need help just send me a message in Let’s Scrap..
4. You must tag your layout correctly in order for it to be entered into the challenge. For my
challenge, I scraplifted a layout using the sketch 9-1-10. So my tag would be: Resolution#1, 9-1-10. NO space between Resolution and #1, separated by a comma and then the sketch name/number with no space either.
5. On Feb. 15th, I will randomly select one person who completed Resolution #1 to receive this great prize