Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Some New Layouts

I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last posting, where does the time go.  Today is the last day for the Let's Scrap National Scrapbooking month long celebration. There have been many amazing cards and layouts posted for it.   What was really special was that several of our members supplied challenges along with several of our Design Team.  How great is that!!  I didn't find organizing this celebration was to hard, but I think having organized the Blog Hop a few months ago really helped.

So now for some of my layouts. I am going to post several of them because, who knows when I will get a chance to get back in here to blog. LOL This first one was done for Ana's challenge to use black and white pictures and paper with a touch of an accent color.   I chose to do a layout with Jason and Amy's engagement pictures on it.

 The next one is for Jodie's challenge where you were to do a layout about yourself.  So I chose to scrapbook about my having been on the High School Reunion committee back in 2005.  My job on the committee was to gather and display high school memorabilia. I think having to come up with some inventive ways to display the photo's on bristol board was what got me thinking about scrapping.

This one was for Kathy's challenge.  There were several things you had to do when making it.  You had to put the word first in the title, have some type of texture in the title, journal around the pictures, use 3 patterned papers and doodle around the outside edge of the layout.  I chose to do pictures from my childhood and the first cake I ever made with my Easy Bake Oven.  Up until a few months ago I had never seen these pictures but while going through old negatives I came across them and had them developed.  It is was amazing how the memories of that day came flooding back. I wasn't that thrilled with the hand doodling and journaling on it.  I normally use my computer for my journaling because my hand writing is so bad.


The last NSD2011 challenge I did was Rachelle's.  For it you had to scrap something that showed time and use the word time in your title.  I ended up scrapping pictures of my oldest son and his time spent on the farm with his Papa and the cows over the years.  The first picture is him when he was only a week old and Papa introduced him to the cow's.  The ones on the right show him about 2 or 3 years old out in the barn yard.  The other two are when he was 9 and he decided he wanted to ride the cows so his Papa put a harness on Andrew's favorite and he took him for a ride.  I laugh every time I see the picture with him on the cow and the cow wearing the hat.

Here is the layout I finally finished for last weeks Let's Scrap sketch.  My 2 year old grandson is hat crazy and was thrilled when I picked up all these St. Patrick's Day hats at the dollar store for him.

I would have liked to have finished all the NSD challenges but life has been pretty crazy lately so I didn't get them all done.  We are anxiously awaiting the birth of my Granddaughter in 2 weeks and my grandson Jacob has been coming to visit quite a bit.  He is a busy little guy so there is no scrapping while he is here.  

Recently we found out my older sister Rose has a brain tumor and that has thrown all of us for a loop.  She started her radiation and chemo treatments yesterday and we are praying that they will work to get rid of the tumor.  I would really appreciate it if my blogging friends could say an extra prayer for her.

Will I better get back to scrapping while my mojo is still working. Happy Scrapping, my friends.

1 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger gracescraps@gmail.com said...

These are all gorgeous, Betty Anne, but that first one with the b/w photos and splash of red ~ simply stunning! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home