Monday, March 7, 2011

You Hold The Key To My Heart

Today I posted the first challenge for scrapping our stash over at Let's Scrap.  The group I started last month called Let's Scrap Our Stash has been a great success and already has 55 members.  At the request of those members I will be providing them with a challenge each Monday and there will be a draw for a rac at the end of each month.
For this weeks challenge I asked the members to do a layout or 2 cards that have 2 metal embellishments, 2 different colored ribbons of any length and to use at least 3 different punches. Here is the layout I made for the challenge
.
I really like the Nellie Multi Frame Heart Die I got a while back.  It's similar to the shapeablities in that you use it with your cuttlebug and it will cut the shape and them emboss it. Here's a closeup of the heart I made with it.
This is a picture of my grandson Jacob and I taken at Christmas.  The items I used for the challenge were
2 Metal embellishments - the key and the lock
2 different color ribbons - a red and a white ribbon tied to the key
3 punches - I used a large Martha Stewart heart border punch on the left side of the layout, a small Martha Stewart heart border punch on the bottom of the layout and a Fiskars Photo Corner heart punch for the frame around my picture.

Other items used were
pp - Bo Bunny
CS - Brazil
Cricut to cut the two upper right hearts
Cuttlebug and Nellie's Multi Heart Frame

I can't wait to see what the members come up with for the challenge. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Happy Scrapping.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At March 7, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Jessica Navarro said...

Such a great photo and I love the title. Those metal embellishments really add a lot to the layout! Great job!

 
At March 7, 2011 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous Betty Anne!! And that is such a wonderful picture of the two of you!! Hugs!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Cori Kozak said...

What an adorable layout!!! The hearts and key are precious! I miss y'all and hope to get a chance to come play soon! ;)

 
At March 12, 2011 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Wow Betty Anne!! What a stunning page this is!! I love all the red and border punches as well as the cute hearts :D Take care dear friend!! xoxo.

 
At March 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Kelly Massman said...

How darling! Really late in getting to all of the blogs Lala's World scrap your stash February challenge!

 
At March 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger D said...

Wow!!!! Your layout is stunning girl!!! I LOVE IT!!!! The heart border punches and metal keyhold rock. What a great picture too :))))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home