Monday, February 28, 2011

Project 2011 Scrap Our Stash - How I did in February

Another month has gone by since I signed up for Denise's Project 2011 Scrap Our Stash group.  In January I didn't buy anything but I wasn't quite as good in February.  Before joining the group I had promised a friend I would host a Close to My Heart party at my home.  Eight people attended and amazingly they bought enough CTMH products that I was able to get $165. worth of free product and also 4 items at half price.  There were tons of things I would have liked to have ordered from the catalogue but I worked very hard to only pick items I knew I would use. I know that I shouldn't have taken any of the half price items but just couldn't help myself.  I am still working on the kids wedding album and there was an alphabet stamp that I thought would be wonderful for the wedding layouts and also there was a hostess variety pack that had papers I could use for the album.  So I ordered them at half price.  I was good though and didn't take the other 2 half priced items. I am proud of my self for being able to do 10 layouts and 4 cards using just what was in my stash.
Because of the success of Denise's Project 2011 idea I decided to start a Let's Scrap Our Stash group over at Let's Scrap.  Many of the members had already signed up for Denise's group so they joined my group also.  It has been wonderful seeing everyone encouraging each other in the group and also they have been sharing some great ideas on using up our stash.
Today I started another group as a sort of spin off of the Scrap your Stash group. This one is to for Organizing Our Stash.  I hope by getting our scraprooms more organized that it will help us to use our stash more.  How often in the past have you bought something to scrapbook with and later realized you already had it.  Or you know you have the perfect paper or embellishment for a layout you're working on but you search and search and can't find it so you go to the store and buy something to replace it.
I can't wait to visit all of your blogs and find out how you did Scrapping Your Stash.

6 Comments:

At February 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Blogger gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Congrats on keeping with your goals. I don't think I am ready to make a commitment not to make scrapping purchases, but I admire what you are doing.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Deb C said...

Great job on your goals! I went to a stamp party, too, but I didn't buy any paper, so I think that counts, right? :) I love organizing my stash. I wrote a bit about it on my blog. Part of that was making my stash smaller by getting rid of things that no longer inspire me. That helped me a bunch.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Carolina said...

You've done very well, I don't think I could have resisted the 50% discount and bought only two items! looking forward to getting organisation tips!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger D said...

Wow, your party was totally successful!!! Good for you girl! I was a consultant w/ them for a while and I love their stuff. Too bad it's so expensive! Love that you made so many layouts and cards with your stash. Your Let's Scrap groups are fabulous :)

 
At March 2, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Me-Ma Kim said...

Congrats on using some of it up! LOL!! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim

 
At March 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger MadeByKarla said...

Nice! free goodies are always great!
I'm going to organize my stash in 2 weeks, after my finals. I can't stand not being able to find what I'm looking for! Plus if I see what I've got, I'll be more inspired to use it up right? Is ther gonna be a sign up for the organize our stash?
http://madebykarla10.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home