Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award and Project Scrap Our Stash 2011

It seems lately that I am so busy helping Cheri and Debby run Let's Scrap and trying to get some scrapping time in that I have been neglecting my blog a bit.  Hopefully things will settle down some in April so I can get back to visiting my blogging friends and doing more posts in here.
I am so excited and thrilled to learn that my friend Tracey from Garden of Grace has awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award.   I feel so blessed to have met Tracey, she is such a sweet and loving lady.  She is also a very talented scrapper so you should pop over and check out her blog.
So here is the award I won


After receiving the award I am to...
Thank the person I received the award from and give a link back to her blog - which I did above
Share 8 things about myself
Pass the award to 8 other individuals that I have recently discovered
And Leave them a comment so that they can pass along the recognition.

Here are the 8 things about me.
1. I am a grandmother of an amazing 22 month old grandson. I will also become a grandmother of a  
    granddaughter in June and then in September another Grandbaby is expected.  We'll know in 3 weeks
    the sex of this little one.
2. I have been married for 28 years.
3. I have two wonderful sons Andrew 25 and Jason 23.
4. I worked for 34 years caring  for mentally and physically handicapped adults.  I was very fortunate to
    have loved every minute I spent working with them.
5. I only started scrapbooking a couple of years ago although I did start buying scrapping things about 4 years
   ago.
6. A year ago I joined the scrapping group Let's Scrap and not only did the fantastic sketches help me to get  
     scrapping but I met some amazing ladies who I am blessed to call my friends. In January of this year I
    was asked to help run Let's Scrap and although it keeps me quite busy, I am thoroughly enjoying it.
7. I have been tracing my family tree for over 40 years and some day I hope to scrapbook all my heritage
    pictures and information.
8. I still live in the same little home town I was born in, in Ontario Canada.

Now, for my nominations for the award.  Please be sure to check out their blogs and see some of the amazing scrapbook projects they have done.
6. Beth

Now for Project Scrap Our Stash 2011


 In January I joined my friend Denise and many other scrappers in trying to Scrap Our Stash and I am very proud of myself for working really hard not to buy and scrapping goodies.  This month I did fantastic.  I had heard that my LSS had gotten in some of the new lines but even though I had a gift certificate I wanted to wait to use it when she had more new things in. I figured I might as will have a good choice when I did decide to use it.  So when I ran out of adhesive I was a little leery about going in to buy it because I was afraid I would get carried away and buy other things. So I ended up waiting until 5 minutes before the store closed and then went in to buy the adhesive.  This only gave me time to grab what I needed and get through the cash.  Which was great because I didn't have time to even look around.  I did go in a couple of weeks ago with my gift certificate in hand and bought some of the Bo Bunny Blast Off paper and stickers but normally I would have bought at least 2 of every patterned paper in the line plus any stickers and chipboard that when with it.  I was very selective and only bought the papers I really felt I could use.  I did buy one of the sets of stickers and the chipboard pieces but I'm sure that I will end up using them and they were just too cute to leave behind.  The great thing is that I still have money left on the gift certificate and I also got a $20 credit at the store so I can still go in and get a few more new things when they come in, without actually spending money.

As I mentioned last month I started a Let's Scrap Our Stash Group over at Let's Scrap.  It has been so successful that the request of the members I have also started doing weekly Scrapping Our Stash Challenges.  We're having a ton of fun so if you interested why don't you come check it at Let's Scrap.

Ok I just have one more thing to tell you about.  Let's Scrap is do a Design Team Call. It is for a 3 month period starting May1st-Aug. 31st so if you interested in applying come check out all about it here.

I hope you are all had a fantastic week and Happy Scrapping.

6 Comments:

At March 31, 2011 at 8:51 PM , Blogger D said...

Wow, you rock Betty!!! Going in 5 min before closing is genius!!!! Way to go this month!!!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Valery Klassen said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the love and the Stylish Blogger Award. I'm so happy to be your friend. Hugs xo

 
At April 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger gracescraps@gmail.com said...

It was fun learning about you! What a blessing to have worked with those special children!

We're having a blog hop over at Scrap-Friendzy. Stop by if you have a chance. I'm giving away a small RAK to one of my visitors this weekend.

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

 
At April 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Kristie said...

LOL on the discrepancy between the time you started shopping for scrapbooking supplies and the time you actually started scrapbooking.
Thanks for the award Betty Anne~

 
At April 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM , Blogger Roulien Stahnke said...

Way to go on the shopping, Betty!!! Thanks for the award . . . you're such a sweetie!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Blogger MadeByKarla said...

This is great! thanks for the tips ;) Congrats on doing so well! it feels great right?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home