Saturday, June 11, 2011

BOOK OF ME

     I have always wanted to do a Book of Me (BOM) album.   There are so many things I wish I knew about my parents and grandparents and now with them all gone I will never know them.  My children aren't very interested in hearing my  "I remember when"  stories right now but hopefully they or my grandchildren will wonder about  it someday.  I may not still be around to be able to answer their questions so I want to make an album now that will fill them in on my childhood, things I enjoyed, how my husband and I met etc.
     I have decided to start a group over at Let's Scrap so anyone who was interested in doing a book about themselves could join in..  I'm calling the group Book About Me (BAM) because it made made more sense to me then Book of Me.   I want to make it as easy as possible so every month I will post two different themes or topics to help us create a page about our lives.  Members can do one of them, both of them, or none of them what ever they wish to do that month! If they don’t get a chance to do a challenge the month it’s posted, or if someone is new to the group, they can go back and do ones they missed. Hopefully with all of us sharing idea's and supporting each other we will be able to get some pages done for our albums.

 Here are the two topics I posted this month

What’s in a name? – There are many ways you could scrap about your name.
  1. Tell us why you were named after someone else?
  2. What is your name’s definition?  
  3. Explain why you like or dislike your name.
  4. Do you go by your second name, why?
  5. Use the letter’s of your name to make words that describe you.
  6. Scrap about the nicknames you have had.
BAM#2 What is your earliest memory.
Some things that you might remember from when you were little could be
  1. When a sibling was born.
  2. When you started school.
  3. Books your parents read to you as a toddler.
  4. Going on a vacation or visiting a special person.
 I decided to the What's In a Name challenge first. To me my name Betty Anne is very easy name, but I have had trouble all my life with people either calling me Betty or Bet or spelling it wrong.  So that's what I wrote about in my journaling.


     If you're interested in working on a book about your self why don't you join us over at Let's Scrap.  It's an amazing group that not only has lots of  one and two page scrapbook sketches and cards sketches each month but also several great groups you can join in on too.   I hope that you will check it out.
     The next time I post I hopefully will be a grandmother of a new little granddaughter.  Katie is going in to be induced on Monday so the little one should arrive that day or the next.  While his Mommy and Daddy are busy at the hospital my grandson Jacob is going to come stay with Grandpa and I.  So there should be lots of chances for fun photo's and new layouts.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At June 11, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Tracey Manderson said...

Looks great Betty!! And it is true. I have all these things in my head i hope to put down some where some day.
Hugs
Tracey

 
At June 14, 2011 at 12:35 PM , Blogger D said...

What a wonderful idea Betty Anne ;) I love your layout and will work on remember the Anne part!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Blogger JustYolie said...

Beautiful pages! I always find it so difficult to scrap about me. I may consider doing a BOM. Thank you for the inspiration.

 
At June 15, 2011 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Carolina said...

What an interesting story! I had to read it all, though it was hard on the IPod's tiny screen. I'm sure I must have called you Betty more than once, I hope I don't in the future, LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home