Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Precious Granddaughter Has Arrived.

     My precious Granddaughter Ava, arrived on June 14, 2011 at 12.58 am and weighed 7lbs 15oz.  I can't believe I finally have a little girl that I can scrapbook about.  Here's a picture of the first time I got to hold her.

     There are sure to be lots of layouts about her but until I get enough photo's of her to scrap I thought I would share this one with you.  I did this for the Design Team Challenge at Let's Scrap. We had to do a layout with someone elses handwriting on it. So I chose to do one with a note from my Mom to all her children.

     My Mom had an old journal that she would periodically write in.  As far as I knew she only used it to keep track of  medications she was on, dates repairs were done on the house, how she was feeling etc.  After she passed away I got the journal and I found out that it held so much more then everyday life events.  There are little notes about each of her children and some of her grandchildren.  It might just be a couple of lines about one of our weddings and how pretty it was, or how proud she was of her youngest child's graduation from college but you could feel her love in every note she wrote.  On the very last page of the journal she wrote "Love to my children always, you have been a joy to my life. God Bless You All ways(sp) Mother."  Finding this note after she had passed away meant so much to me.  She obviously hoped that we would some day find the journal and wanted us to know just how much she loved us.
     My father passed away when the youngest children were 2 1/2 and 4 years old and I was 13.  We never had a photo taken of Mom, Dad and all 6 children.  In 1995 we had a photo taken of my siblings and myself and gave it to my Mom for her 70th birthday.  That Christmas my sister Ardell  had our Mom and Dads pictures inserted into a copy of the photo. She had to change it to a  black and white photo because we didn't have many photo's of Dad that were in color.  This photo is very precious to all of us.  In 1986 Mom wrote in her journal "The families seem to be doing well and I am very proud of all of them.  Its sad Frank can't be here to see how great our children turned out"
     There wasn't room to add all the notes to the layout so I put some of the more special ones on tags that I tucked under the photo's on the first page.

4 Comments:

At June 16, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Bettyann said...

congratulations on your new granddaughter...such a sweet way to save your Mother's notes..take care and enjoy bettyann

 
At June 16, 2011 at 11:57 PM , Blogger SusanLotus said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter!
Now you can do alot of beautiful scrap-albums to her, with wonderful pages like above...
:)

 
At June 24, 2011 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Congratulation Betty! I can't wait to see layouts of her. Your work always tells a story, it's beautiful.

Hugs and Love.

 
At June 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Chriss America Real said...

Moms always find a way of letting us know what is in their hearts. Aren't we lucky that we have scrapbooking? That journal must be so precious to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home