Saturday, March 27, 2010

My First Blog Award


I had a fantastic surprise yesterday when I found out my friend Denise had sent me the Ms Bright Side Award. Its my very first blog award and I am so excited to get it. I met Denise in one of my Yahoo groups and became a follower of her blog and since then her friend. Denise is a true Ms Bright Side always so upbeat and friendly. Getting an email from her, or going to her blog and seeing her latest creations or hearing what her 2 beautiful children are up to just brightens my day. You can go check out her blog and become a follower here You won't be sorry.

If you are given the award you are have 3 things to do. You are to list 10 things that make you happy, provide 5 pieces of trivia about yourself and then pass it on to 5 of your blogger friends.

10 Things That Make Me Happy
1. My children Andrew and Jason
2. My sweet little grandson Jacob
3. It makes me really happy that both my boys have found wonderful girls to share their lives with (Katie and Amy)
4. My 2 Jack Russel dogs - Harley and Daisy
5. Going to crops and classes at my local scrapbook store, Memory Lane.
6. Checking my email everday to see what all my cyber friends are up to.
7. Working on a layout or card and having it turn out just the way I had hoped.
8. Reading the latest suspense novel.
9. Sitting by a river watching the sun go down and listening to the loons.
10.Chocolate

5 things you didn't know about me
1. I made and rented costumes for over 11 years.
2. I hate driving and only do it if I have to.
3. I almost drowned twice when I was young. One of the times was at a church picnic and the minister saved my life by giving me mouth to mouth.
4. I love little dogs but am afraid of big dogs.
5. I love the spring and watching the plants poking through the earth.

Now to pass the award to five of my fellow bloggers. Make sure to go and check out these wonderful blogs.
1. Olenka at Memories by Olenka
2. Wendy at Wendance Designs
3. Michelle at Homespun Scrapbooking
4. Kimba at Kimba's Kreations
5. The Paper Princess at Create With Joy

Thank you again Denise for this wonderful award.

4 Comments:

At March 27, 2010 at 5:16 PM , Blogger D said...

You like listening to the loons? Sounds like fun... how do I join... lol, my friend. I loved reading about you. What was your favorite costume you wore? You have Jack Russells? They are such smart dogs, I bet they keep you hopping.

xoxo, Denise

 
At March 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

To me istening to the loons is one of the most relaxing things I could do. I think you would love it.
I was always to busy at hallowe'en to get to wear many of the costumes but my favorite one was the Snow White one I made. I had well ver 500 Adults and kids costumes. We got the 2 Jack Russells a couple of years ago. They are brother and sister and already 7 years old. They had been trained really well and are the best dogs and companions we have ever had. I'm so glad we adopted them. I haven't scrapped anything about them yet but have lots of pictures. Was actually thinking of doing a blog update with some of their pictures and their story. I might just do that soon. Today I am trying to finish some cards that I am making for my first card swap.
Take care my friend and thanks again for the award.

 
At March 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Create With Joy said...

Dear Betty Anne,

Thank you so much for the award - this is the first time I've seen this one posted, and I'm delighted that you thought of me! :-)

I will proudly display this at Create With Joy!

Hugs
Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

P.S. Lucky you - sitting by the river listening to the loons sounds absolutely delightful! :-)

 
At March 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Kimba's Kreations said...

HOLY COW!!! Thanks so much Betty Anne! This is such an honor! I will definetly pass it on!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home