Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Day Cards

I've had some suggestions on fixing the problems I have been having with blogger so we will see if we can get this post to work better. ADDED NOTE - As you can see not all the problems have been fixed.  Now I can get my pictures in the right place but it is now highlighting words it believes are spelt wrong.  Grrrr - wish I had never updated it.

I recently went to a couple of workshops my friend Verna was giving at her store Memory Lane.  The workshops were for making masculine cards for Father's Day or a man's birthday. We used Rosewood Stamps which are made here in Ontario, Canada.  Verna has started selling these stamps in her store and I just love them.

Here are the first two cards I made.

First we stamped the images on the cardstock and then using Distress Ink and our blending tool we colored in the card.  I goofed on the first card because I stamped the image on the textured side of the cardstock which didn't give me a very clear image so made sure to use the smooth side on the second one.  We used a scalloped shapeabilities die and the cuttlebug to cut out a section of the first card and then mounted that section inside the card.  For the second card we just cut the stamped and colored cardstock into an oval shape and along with a bit larger oval gold glossy



The last card was made using gold glossy cardstock and three different colored alcohol inks to make the rectangle and diamonds. I haven 't had much practice using alcohol inks so it was great to give them a try and just loved how it turned out. I'm going to give this card to my husband on Father's Day.  He collects duck decoys so I hope he will love the card. 


I hope you like all the cards.





Labels:

6 Comments:

At June 15, 2010 at 6:22 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Oh what a beautiful scenery card.
Those are some gorgeous image and love the background you have created.
Have a great day.
Luv,
Chelsea

 
At June 15, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thanks so much Chelsea

 
At June 16, 2010 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Betty Anne. Stuff like that is way too complicated for me.

I still see the highlights. I have never seen that before, but let me see if I can help you out...........
Have a great day!

 
At June 16, 2010 at 9:31 PM , Blogger 2amscrapper said...

wow--you make amazing cards. I'm a follower now. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

 
At June 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you both so much. Glad to have you as a follower.

 
At June 21, 2010 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Those cards are gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home