Sunday, August 15, 2010

Like Father, Like Son

Sorry that I haven't been on much this week but besides having had a busy week I have also been having some problems with an abcessed tooth.  I'm a big baby when it comes to dental work and had to go into have things done two days in a row.  I'm still not 100% but am feeling better then I did.

I did want to share this layout I did for a Let's Scrap Challenge.  Tammy had asked us to do a layout showing a time line.  I had some pictures I have been wanting to scrap for a while now and the challenge was perfect for it.  Of course I used one of Cheri's fantastic sketches to do the layout. On the left are pictures I took of my oldest son on his first New Years Eve, back in 1986.  On the right are pictures of his son, my Grandson Jacob, on his first New Years Ever in 2010.  The layout is actually much brighter then it shows in the picture of it.  I didn't have much in the way of New Years embellishments so ended up using stickers which I'm not totally happy with but they will have to do.  The banner is actually gold Christmas Tree ribbon I had that I turned upside down.  I was thrilled with how will it worked.



Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and until next time, Happy Scrapping.

4 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

sorry to hear about your tooth...boooo I hope you are back to 100% soon.

I love how these turned out. And those pictures are sooooooooooo adorable! It is so great that you could do the generations like this! Hugs, Stacy h-w

 
At August 18, 2010 at 4:12 AM , Blogger Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Hi Betty!! How are you now? I hope you are getting well now :( I have been busy too lately. Don't think I can do the Thursday sketch this week at PIT.

Anyway, what a great layout you made here and adorable photos!! I love the green punched border at the bottom :)

 
At August 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE this LO! I like the father-son photo's and your border looks great. And really good use of all the festive embellishments. Take care of yourself and have a good visit at the dentist! Be tough girlie! ;)

 
At August 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Betty Anne said...

Thank you so much ladies. My tooth problem has been fixed so I'm feeling much better now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home