Sunday, February 20, 2011

Itty Bitty Betty Anne

This is one of the layouts I did for the blog hop challenges.  My Friend Bev's challenge was a blue and yellow layout and black and white photo.  I realized I don't have many papers in those colors so had to add in a fair amount of cardstock but I'm very happy with how it turned out.  It was the first time I had used the around the page large punch by Martha Stewart and really liked it, so I'm sure to use it again. I glimmer misted some white flowers to make them blue and yellow/

 I only had a few pictures of me growing up. Then a few months ago I went through a bunch of old negatives my Mom had, had and was thrilled to find some of me when I was little. I thought it was time I did another layout for my Book of Me.
I'm the little one in the picture and the girl holding my hands is my oldest sister Ardell. Although, she was 11 years older then me she always treated me very special. She often let me tag along after her and even when she started dating she wouldn’t go out on an evening date without reading me a bedtime story. As we grew up she wasn’t just my beloved sister, she was my best friend. Sadly we lost her very suddenly to a brain aneurysm 12 years ago. She is never far from my thoughts and I was so happy to have a picture of her and I together. The butterflies on the layout are for her.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At February 21, 2011 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Bev said...

I loved this one Betty Anne. Gorgeous LO. Are you relaxing a bit after the hard work of the blog hop?? Hugs bev

 
At February 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Stacy H-W said...

This is a beautiful layout Betty Anne. I love the back story of you and your sister. I love the butterfly symbolism too. Great job my friend.

 
At February 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Bettyann said...

Beautiful story Betty Anne..lovely you found a picture that brings back fond memories..love the LO

 
At February 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Alma Carter : Emsige Biene said...

aaawwww, this is soooo precious!! such sweet memories too! Love your LO Betty Anne :-)) Hugs

 
At February 22, 2011 at 9:00 PM , Blogger stampinglyn said...

This is such a sweet layout Betty Anne! I love the colours and your photos are precious! I love your "Itty Bitty" title...just too cute! Hugs, Linda

 
At February 23, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger D said...

Your layout is incredible Betty. The stamp around the page looks sooo cool, and I love the huge circle. Sounds like you have a lot of really wonderful memories of your sister.

 
At February 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Hi Betty, such cute images. You're a beautiful little lady. Wonderful layout.
Love,
Chelsea

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Christine said...

This is such a beautiful 2 page layout. I absolutely love the blue and yellow! Thanks for visiting with us over at Practical Scrappers. You should check out our current calls...your stuff is fabulous!

 
At March 10, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Kristie said...

Awwwwwwww, Betty Anne! This is wonderful, you are so talented at telling a story with scrapping:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home